IETF56 Network Status - 2003-03-18 17:30 PST

<Knock On Wood>
At this point in time, we are not seeing any issues with the network.
</Knock on wood>

We have heard that some computers are seeing the wireless network disappear at
times.  These reports seem to come from Windows users, but we don't have
enough data to classify this problem yet.  If you do see an issue with
wireless, would it be possible to ask the person next to you what they are
seeing, and comparing status and information.

Sending this data (along with time, location, and other debugging info) to
56crew@ietf.org would help us to collect more information, and make changes
if necessary.

We made one last change to the DHCP server so when you come back from
Starbucks (or other networks) your computer should obtain a DHCP address
faster.

The SunRays located along the wall in the Terminal room are open for anybody
to use.  If it has a SmartCard in it, feel free to start using it.  If there
is no SmartCard, you can either choose to use it as is, or to ask the
helpdesk for one.  When you remove the SmartCard from the SunRay, your
session will be swapped to disk.  Come back, insert card, and your session
will be swapped back to any SunRay in the terminal room.  These machines will
obviously work without SmartCards, but you would then lose the session save
feature.

Once again, I'd like to thank those attendees who have offered their help, and
the NOC staff (look for the green sticker) who have done a fabulous job.

Cheers!

--Brett Thorson