Re: DNSEXT WGLC Summary: AXFR clarify

On Thursday 19 December 2002, at 10 h 3,
Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com> wrote:

> I like that we have individuals at the ietf meetings rather than company
> representatives,

Yes, it is written in RFC 3160 and in many papers about the IETF process.
But we all know it is pure theory. Not many individuals can pay for the
trip to Yokohama or Atlanta (and the time it takes to actually read and
understand the issues). It is a company which decides who goes and what
for. It is a company which organizes its IETF activity.

It reminds me of the discussion in high-level sports where people still
pretend that some athletes are "amateurs". There are no longer amateurs
in the IETF.