Re: new.net (was: Root Server DDoS Attack: What The Media Did Not Tell You)

> From: Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu
> On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 16:57:20 +0100, Marc Schneiders said:
>
> > It would make long domain names of the type
> > domainnamebargainscheaper.com obsolete.
>
> Why? unless you manage to get 'cheaper.' as a TLD, and create the name
> as domain.name.bargains.cheaper. - or am I missing something?

And what's wrong with DomainNameBargainsCheaper.com or
domain-name-bargains-cheaper.com?
How would replacing '-' with '.' affect anything?

I've noticed an odd thing while draining my spam traps.  When I see an
advertised domain name that consists of two or concatenated more English
words, it's usually Oriental.  I don't mean necessarily hosted in Asia
but with non-ASCII content.  It's as if Oriental spammers are smarter
about creating memorable English domain names and avoiding the squatters.

> >                                           Using domains will become
> > easier.
>
> Empirical evidence indicates the biggest problem is finding the 1 out of 41M
> .com domains and avoiding all the typosquatters...

and neither of those has anything to do with the last 4 characters of the
name.

Vernon Schryver    vjs@rhyolite.com