Re: namedroppers mismanagement, continued

At 04:48 PM 2002-11-26, Randy Bush wrote:
>> Assuming this provides a means for the user can make an explicit
>> request to opt-in to a list of "known email addresses", great
>> (DJB should opt-in).
>
>i think about 472 people have said that already.

I took recent statements on this list as indicating that
namedroppers used the senders address to determine what
might be spam but didn't have a separate list of
"known email addresses" which mail from is assumed to be
non-spam.

Thanks for clarifying that such a separate list does exist
for namedroppers and that the user simply needs to explicitly
request addition to it for his messages to be considered
non-spam.

Kurt