Re: way out of the DNS problems? (former Re: delegation mechanism, Re: Trees have one root)

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:

> I translate this to mean that (1) we can point to any root we want (true,
> but not real relevant for Joe Clueless User) and/or (2) the root servers
> could choose to mirror something other thand the DOC root (true in theory
> but not real likely in practice, cf. discussion of root server operators
> in
> http://personal.law.miami.edu/~froomkin/articles/formandsubstance.pdf
>
> [My last comment on this thread today, I promise]

or 3) joe clueless gets an education and switches to an appropriate route.
i was once a joe clueless long before you joined the picture along with
the other 300 million users who are online today.  you too were a joe
clueless once and now you have gratuated to froomkin cluedin.

i admit - these days most of the internet population is very juvenile.
most of you are in your pre teens in terms of internet development age.
but that will change - alot of froomkin clued in types are on the way.

so don't ever discount joe clueless or be so presumptive as to discount
them.  as i have said - and as it has been cleared shown - control of the
"." is in the hands of joe clueless internet users - so in the end they
hold the power irrespective of law.

regards
joe