Re: way out of the DNS problems? (former Re: delegation mechanism, Re: Trees have one root)

Keith Moore wrote:

> > The US DoC operates, directly or indirectly, 6 of the 13 root servers,
> > including A.  Whether it is "right" or not is irrelevant -- the DoC has
> > the power to do whatever it wants to the root.
>
> we REALLY need to rectify that situation.  perhaps what we need are large
> numbers of alternate roots that DON'T try to define new TLDs but which
> exist solely to prevent the US government from exerting control...

Oh, great - you've just proposed an alternate root!!!  :-)
:-) :-)

                                                           /
\

/   \

/     \

				- peterd

    Peter Deutsch                       pdeutsch@gydig.com
    Gydig Software

      "Mr. Fawlty! Me no want to work here any more!"