Re: automated "disambiguation" is resolution in this case

Ed,

> You tell them -- you have a previous relationship (when you
> credit was approved).  As I exemplified, you tell them to use
> the harris.com that is resolved from your root -- an IP number.
> Richard or Stef can tell you how this works for them.

In other words, make the root server address part of the name.  So, just
to be clear, you're no longer suggesting an interactive resolution
process.  That's what pushed my button.  Okay.  While I don't think what
you're proposing is particularly reliable or advisable, it should be
technically possible.  The way things work today, there isn't one single
address for the IANA root.

>> What keeps my
>>data entry from becoming ambiguous over time?
>
> Your actions, just like today -- what happens if you drop
> your domain name today?

The question is "what happens if I maintain my domain and someone else
adds one with the same name?"

Eliot