Re: get technical, please? , Re: Trees have one root

Peter Deutsch wrote:

>To continue to thrash this poor analogy a bit
>further, I think it's time to consider that in addition to
>permitting multiple clocks on a bus, it time to consider the
>possibility that not every device needs to be on the same
>bus.

But that's the situation that the Internet displaced: islands of
connectivity, where you couldn't even send email from one island to
another.  (Sometimes you couldn't even send to other people on the same
island: Minitel had multiple email services that couldn't connect to
each other.)

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke@centivinc.com  |