Re: Trees have one root

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 01:38:33 PDT, Einar Stefferud said:
> Yes,  Valdis, we (or ORSC) clearly observe that we can create a
> conflict free composite DNS root by using coordination tools to
> assure that conflicts are resolved for the benefit of the users of
> the whole internet.

Explain how that's "multiple roots" rather than "one root with multiple
registrars"?

(For the record - I have no problems with "one root with multiple registrars",
and think it's an idea that perhaps should be pursued.  It's even a solved
problem on the technical side - we've been doing it for .COM for a while now).