Re: Trees have one root

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 02:11:57 PDT, Einar Stefferud <Stef@thor.nma.com>  said:

> ORSC was highly successful in this effort, until ICANN chose to
> collide with one of our ORSC pre-existing TLDs, and the refusal of
> ICANN (and others such as IETF, IAB and ISOC) to recognize this

So what you're saying is that if there's no coordination, there's a problem.

Unfortunately, if you assume the existance of such coordination, what you
have is *one root with multiple registrars*.  We already know THAT model
more-or-less works in the ICANN root.
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer