Japan Traditional Craft Center

I went to the Japan Traditional Craft Center yesterday and since several
folks asked me about it, I'm sending a note to the list.

It is in Ikebukuro (right above the station).  For information on hours
and location see:

    http://www.kougei.or.jp/english/center.html

It sells various traditional craft items (where a traditional craft is one
that has been around at least 100 years).  Most of what it sells are
ceramics, fabric, and woodwork.  Very little metal work (which surprised
me, as one of the most beautiful things at the Kyoto handicraft center
is the metal work, see:

    http://www.oes.edu/US/academics/foreign-language/DIGDIAR2/JUNE23~1.HTM
).

Prices vary widely, from tens of dollars to tens of thousands.  Overall,
a fun visit.  If you catch the (Tokoyo) express train to Shibuya and then
change to JR line to Ikebukuro the store is only about 45 minutes away.

Craig

E-mail: craig@aland.bbn.com or craig@bbn.com