Re: Last Call: SMTP Service Extension for Content Negotiation to Proposed Standard

Ned,

I do not share your opinion that someone who is interested in a particular technology has an obligation to follow every WG that might try to alter that technology.  First of all, it's not obvious which groups might do this-for instance who would guess that the IPv6 folks would be working on a document that affects how SMTP works? Second, there is just too much traffic on many mailing lists to keep track of lists that are peripheral to one's interests.

This is a scaling problem, like many others that we face.

-Keith