Re: MPLS issues spam

Joe,

>>I also completely agree with Randy's point.  Posting to IETF lists should
>>be restricted to list participants.
>
>That's often harder to do than it appears, esp. for those who have
>multiple mail addresses from which they might reply, or for those on local
>'exploder' lists that would never show up as mail sources.

Let me tell you how I administer my lists (via majordomo).  The lists are
configured to only forward messages from either list members or those email
addresses in a separate approved list.  Any other messages get kicked out
to me as the list admin.  99.99% are spam and I just delete them.  Those
that are on-topic are approved for transmission, and I add the source email
address to the approved list.  Works like a charm.  As WG chair, I'm
willing to put up with the spam in order to spare the list's members.

Cheers,
Andy