Getting the SDP right for draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap-07.txt

Colin and I have been working on a presentation for the MMUSIC meeting on Friday. Colin will say how we plan to use SDP for DCCP-UDP and we will then ask the group for help, ideally a request to point us at something we can use. A key question remains: How to signal a server that supports both native and UDP-encapsulated DCCP?

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/80/agenda/mmusic.htm
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/80/slides/mmusic-8.pdf

In the build-up to Friday's meeting, we'd welcome discussion to help progress this (ideally on the MMUSIC list). Our two options described in the slides are illustrated by two examples:

Signalling that uses a new proto in SDP m= line to indicate DCCP, plus the SDP connection-oriented media extensions [RFC 4145], as per current draft.

v=0
o=alice 1129377363 1 IN IP4 192.0.2.47
s=-
c=IN IP4 192.0.2.47
t=0 0
m=video 5004 DCCP/RTP/AVP 99
a=rtcp-mux
a=rtpmap:99 h261/90000
a=dccp-service-code:SC=x5254505
a=dccp-in-udp:9999
a=setup:passive
a=connection:new

or a new m= proto value.

v=0
o=alice 1129377363 1 IN IP4 192.0.2.47
s=-
c=IN IP4 192.0.2.47
t=0 0
m=video 5004 DCCP-UDP/RTP/AVP 99
a=rtcp-mux
a=rtpmap:99 h261/90000
a=dccp-service-code:SC=x52545056
a=setup:passive
a=connection:new
a=dccp-udp-port:9999

Please see the slides/draft for details.

We'd love to see this draft published.

Best wishes,

Gorry & Colin