draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap-07 posted

I've posted a version of the draft that addresses all the comments I know how to address. It includes the following new text:

* Small NiTs as noted in WG list.

* A note in the intro saying you can use this with a UDP-Only stack.

* A small intro to 3.3.1 to clarify partial checksum and NAPT.

* A note on issues when minimal length ICMP messages do not tell you the full port information.

* A note flagging the DCCP-UDP reduces the MPS.

* A note clarifying (I hope) the use of well-known ports.

* Section 5 says when you can do both DCCP-STD and DCCP-UDP you SHOULD choose DCCP-STD.

* Example for SDP added.

Two issues are not presently addressed:

* How to do ICE - intentionally left as other work.

* How to say DCCP-UDP if this is the *only* DCCP stack that is supported, although the specification says currently that the presence of "a=dccp-in-udp" conveys no information about whether or not the offerer is listening for DCCP-STD connections, it does not go any further.

We plan to ask people in the MMUSIC WG if the SDP description will suffice, or whether there is a simple alternative. Please also respond to the DCCP list if you wish to discuss this.

Best wishes,

Gorry