Re: draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap-03 - 6-tuple

Eddie,

That wording was unclear. I attempted to clarify in my later emails, but maybe I didn't succeed. I'm well aware that you need to consider the UDP ports for a 6-tuple receiver. As you have reminded us, you need this for NAT traversal. I think you also need this in order to make an effective user-space implementation of the encapsulation daemon, although clearly I'm being unable to explain that today.

tl;dr: I vote for the 6-tuple.

Colin