Re: Mul-TFRC (draft-welzl-multfrc-00)

Hi,

Gorry Fairhurst wrote:
I also recall that ICCRG would be the first point point of review for transport protocols that were not already deployed, or needed review prior to being taken to a WG. I don't recall a special case for ICCRG in the DCCP charter text.
The review process in ICCRG is really meant for suggested replacements
of TCP, i.e. high-speed TCP variants, and AFAIK it was conceived
because authors of such schemes approached TCPM, which was
too busy to tackle these rather experimental proposals in addition to
what was already going on.

Here, the situation is a bit different, as this group doesn't seem to be
so busy. We can, of course, ask for additional feedback on ICCRG,
but *requiring* ICCRG *review* before even discussing things here
will surely cause significant - and, to me, in this case unnecessary -
extra delay. BTW, getting some feedback from ICCRG was also
the point of our MulTFRC presentation at the last IETF in that group.

Cheers,
Michael