Re: Recent update breaks Ubuntu on Lenovo X1 Carbon

On Thu, May 7, 2015, at 14:01, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
On Sat, May 2, 2015, at 23:15, Jani Kettunen wrote:
I recently bought the Lenoxo X1 Carbon and installed Ubuntu 14.04 on it. It's been working relatively smoothly so far, but I just installed the latest updates, and now I'm having trouble starting up. The first time I tried to start it up after reboots, I got the attached screen (which is why I'm writing this).

Please take this to the Ubuntu users mailing list, or to one of the Ubuntu support forums.  They will be able to help you a lot better than we could, here.

Another report made it clear that the behavior re. the kernel messages issued by thinkpad-acpi actually changed between two recent Ubuntu 3.16 kernels.

Feel free to open a bug against the Ubuntu kernel and add me to the Cc.  I can help if the Ubuntu kernel maintainers if they identify exactly what changed in their kernels, between 3.16.0-34 and 3.16.0-36-generic.

Henrique Holschuh