Recent update breaks Ubuntu on Lenovo X1 Carbon

I recently bought the Lenoxo X1 Carbon and installed Ubuntu 14.04 on it. It's been working relatively smoothly so far, but I just installed the latest updates, and now I'm having trouble starting up. The first time I tried to start it up after reboots, I got the attached screen (which is why I'm writing this).

Also, previously I was able to just choose Ubuntu in the selection screen when starting up and it'd have no trouble. Now the only way I can start it up is by going to the fault tolerance mode, and by resuming the normal startup from there, which works for some weird reason. I'm not sure if this is related.