Re: T20: display stays dark when booting with closed lid switch

Hi,

> > > Maybe rmmod+modprobe on the acpi drivers (video, button) fixes it?
> >
> > video.ko would be produced by THINKPAD_ACPI_VIDEO? I didn't compile that,
> > given the warnings in the help ;-)
>
> No, it is ACPI_VIDEO

Ahh, IC - that option isn't even visible in menuconfig currently due to
some dependencies not being selected either.

> > However, your suggestion made me try Fn-F7 - which indeed does make
> > the display light up again.
>
> I think that means the problem is that the ThinkPad is switching to the
> external monitor (VGA/svideo/whatever)...

Yeah.

> On a T20, I expect THINKPAD_ACPI_VIDEO to actually work just fine,
> especially before the X server runs.  So you can use that to force output to
> the LCD...
>
> Or check in the BIOS setup, maybe there is something there that lets you
> tell it that you ALWAYS want the internal LCD active, etc.

There is a setting for the video outputs to activate on boot. But
curiously, that setting is changed by Fn-F7 - and doesn't seem to
influence that situation anyhow.

Well, as far as I am concerned, this isn't really a problem anymore.
Pressing Fn-F7 isn't that difficult, after all. However, I am wondering
whether this behaviour still possibly could/should be fixed whereever
it is caused?

Florian