Re: T20: display stays dark when booting with closed lid switch

Hi,

> > Text mode, no framebuffer.
>
> Maybe rmmod+modprobe on the acpi drivers (video, button) fixes it?

video.ko would be produced by THINKPAD_ACPI_VIDEO? I didn't compile that,
given the warnings in the help ;-)

I haven't explicitly tried reloading button.ko, but I suspect very
much that it won't help: It's not contained in the initramfs, and the
problem does happen before mounting the real root fs. Let me know if
I still should try it ...

However, your suggestion made me try Fn-F7 - which indeed does make
the display light up again.

> You can also try to get thinkpad-acpi to help you discover where things are
> going bad.  Add something to system startup that appends the contents of
> /proc/acpi/ibm/video to a logfile BEFORE X.org can start, and check if it
> differs in the problematic case...

Well, that thing doesn't exist, for obvious reasons ;-)

Let me know what I should try next - maybe build the video module
and try what effect loading it has?

Florian