Re: Thinkpad ACPI

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 6:44 PM, Chris Jones <cmsj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>

>  Chris Jones wrote:
>  > The most obvious problems seem to be:
>  >  * lack of suspend
>
>  This turns out to be e1000 not suspending correctly on this hardware.
>  and pm-utils not rmmoding it on suspend like acpi-support would.
>  Suspend works fine when unloading the module on suspend.
>

>  >  * lack of audio (being fixed in ALSA bug tracker atm, which is why
>
>  Not in alsa trunk yet, but the patch currently gets everything going bar
>  the internal mic.
>
>  The current issues with Hardy beta (2.6.24) are:
>
>  * ThinkVantage key doesn't work - acpi_fakekey is called, but nothing
>  notices

This should work .. or last I checked it did. It emulates a PROGRAM_1
key press. So you have to map the key press to something. If your
using gnome you can go to keyboard shortcuts and map it to something.

>  * Wireless LED doesn't flash on activity (possibly fixed in current
>  hardy kernel git)

This has been fixed in kernel.org git and apparently is now in Hardy
kernel (so you'll see it in the next kernel update ... probably in the
next week or two).
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/+bug/176090