Re: Thinkpad ACPI

Hi

I have a new Thinkpad X300 and while much of the hardware works, there are some odd little issues (e.g. suspend doesn't quite work). Here is some information Henrique suggested I send to the list. If anyone would like any more information about this machine, please feel free to ask :)

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
Then, please send a post to the mailing list with this information:

1. dmidecode output, gzipped (please remove the serial number and UUID of
2. acpidump output, gzipped

see attached. I've noticed that a BIOS update has appeared. I'm somewhat wary of these things, but perhaps it would be worth applying. Interestingly, lenovo's page for this model suggests the "initial release" for the X300 was firmware 1.02, but I have 1.00 in mine.
If I do decide to apply it I will repost the acpi/dmi details.

3. Any interesting data you could give us about the X300, like the output
   of the following commands (as root):
   lspci
   lsusb  (without any extra USB devices plugged in)

Also attached.

   also, your impressions about the thinkpad are always welcome :-) but
   they are more on-topic on the linux-thinkpad mailinglist, with I urge

To keep things brief here, my impressions are extremely favourable, especially with the solid state disk.

4. Please update the following tables in thinkwiki with X300 information:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/List_of_DMI_IDs
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/BIOS_Upgrade_Downloads
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Default_meanings_of_special_keys

Done.

:-)  Please consider creating X300 pages and filling out thinkwiki.org with
X300 information, if possible.

I have started noting some information about what works and what doesn't at:

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category_talk:X300

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones