Re: Verifying Mute and Volume keys on T61/X61 (please help)

Oh interesting I found this in my dmesg log when booting 2.6.24:

[   14.265739] ACPI: EC: EC description table is found, configuring boot EC
[   14.270286] ACPI: System BIOS is requesting _OSI(Linux)
[   14.270288] ACPI: If "acpi_osi=Linux" works better,
[   14.270289] Please send dmidecode to linux-acpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[   14.272182] ACPI: EC: non-query interrupt received, switching to
interrupt mode

@Henrique here is the info you requested

For anyone looking to do this on ubuntu .. lsinput is in the
"input-utils" pacakage.

Machine: Lenovo Thinkpad T61
Firmware: 7LETA7WW (2.07)
EC: 7KHT24WW-1.08

Linux kernel: 2.6.24-rc7 (with thinpad-acpi v0.19)

lsinput
=====
 /dev/input/event1
   bustype : BUS_I8042
   vendor  : 0x1
   product : 0x1
   version : 43860
   name    : "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
   phys    : "isa0060/serio0/input0"
   bits ev : EV_SYN EV_KEY EV_MSC EV_LED EV_REP

When running the test I did need to go to a virtual console and exit
out of X Windows.
I killed X windows with "/etc/init.d/gdm stop"

Ran command:
input-events 1

These tests show the buttons that DID NOT give input.

Testing with no kernel parameters (BUTTONS THAT DO NOT WORK)
MUTE Key
FN+F8 (mouse switch key... I guess that is what this is)
FN+F9 (Eject Key)
FN+Space Bar (Zoom Key)
ThinkVantage

Testing with kernel parameter acpi_osi="Linux" (BUTTONS THAT DO NOT WORK)
FN+F8 (mouse switch key)
FN+F9 (Eject Key)
FN+Space Bar
ThinkVantage