Re: Mute button software notification broken after v0.14 for Thinkpad T61

Ok it appears you are correct.

So running the following tests:

1) Kernel 2.6.22.15 (with thinkpad-acpi v0.19) = Works great Gnome can see

mute button pressed

2) Kernel 2.6.24-rc7 (with thinkpad-acpi v0.19) = Gnome does NOT see
mute is pressed
                                                              Mute
button is not recogonized when try to

associate it with a keyboard action
                                                              using
gnome-keybing-properties

So something changed around 2.6.23 that for some reason this version
of the firmware is not passing the key scan code up the stack. Yet it
is still muting the voulme (which is very odd).

This is the latest firmware that Lenovo is offering (released 12/06/07).

Do you happen to know what would cause this? Very odd that the same
firmware can do something fine on one kernel and not work on others.

Thanks for the help and quick willingness to look into the problem.