Re: Hotkey events

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Richard Hughes wrote:

> > > Mapped to KEY_UNKNOWN?
> >
> > No, KEY_FN_*, except for FN+F4 which is KEY_SLEEP and FN+F12, which is
> > KEY_SUSPEND.
>
> Cool.
>
> > KEY_ZOOM and KEY_VENDOR (FN+SPACE and "thinkpad button") are
> > also provided by defaut.
>
> Yay!
>
> > Too bad Lenovo just had to screw it up and swap FN+F2 and FN+F3 when they
> > decided to start destroyng the thinkpad keyboard reputation by adding
> > windows keys on the Z series, and *60 series.
>
> Hmm. They appear to have swapped the buttons for no good reason at all.

Yes.  One of the things I am going to add to thinkpad-acpi is
model-knowledge (this is *different* from model-specific knowledge) and
export that, along with firmware version.  It is going to be useful to work
around firmware bugs (tp_smapi needs it, thinkpad-acpi might too).

And if it will cost me just one or two model-specific tables inside __init,
I will do the model-specific knowledge for hotkeys.  It is not like there
are going to be any more IBM thinkpads, and so far Lenovo has at least kept
their models consistent.

But this won't go in with the first batch of stuff.  I am consolidating and
cleaning up the patches, and then send them to acpi-test.

You will be happy to know that we will have EV_SW SW_RADIO for the *60
thinkpads, too.  I trust HAL can map switch edge events to launch scripts or
an application?  If it does not, it needs to, now :-)  The code is in git
already.

  Henrique Holschuh