Re: patch to add readonly support for T60 wireless killswitch

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Henning Schild wrote:
> > 3. Triple check the DSDTs to make sure the kill switch is not
> > exported in higher level.
>
> _SB.PCIO.LPC.EC.GSTS seems to be the switch. I wrote another patch
> using that. Models without this DSDT should see "not supported".

Just so you know, I am looking at this, now.  Indeed GSTS seems to be the
correct bit to query the EC for.

However, the firmware also offers HKEY.WLSW (which I suppose stands for
wireless lan switch), which is even higher-level, and seems to be present on
the T60 and X60.  I will try using that one.

It appears we need a new EV_SW event for radio kill switches, though. I can
export it as a hotkey, but that's weird if we have an event type just for
switches.  I will ask for one, it makes a lot of sense, and lots of laptops
have radio kill switches (as opposed to hotkeys).

  Henrique Holschuh