Re: patch to add readonly support for T60 wireless killswitch

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Henning Schild wrote:
> since I got acpi events from the killswitch to work with hotkey I
> wanted to trigger actions on that event. The basic idea was to load
> ipw3945 and start ipw3945d and wpa_supplicant when the switch is turned
> off. And kill/unload when switch is enabled.

I see.

> I used ecdump and found that 0x48 holds the state of the killswitch on
> my T60. I wrote a simple patch which gives me /proc/ibm/killswitch

Well, we need to know:

1. Which ThinkPads (even older ones) have a hardware kill switch, and where
it is.  Add this information to the models in thinkwiki while at it...

2. Where is the software-controlled hardware-kill switch on some ThinkPads
(those that, like the T43, allow you to set "radio off" on the BIOS --
that's actually a hardware kill switch wired to the ipwXXXX cards, try it!).
It needs to be located as well.

3. Triple check the DSDTs to make sure the kill switch is not exported in
higher level.

Here's your first datapoint:
T43 26xx: no hardware switch, BIOS-controlled hardware kill soft-switch.
(Exported on CMOS, EC not checked. Will check later).

  Henrique Holschuh