Re: [OT] screen savers

2007/4/28, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> It is amusing to know that gnome-screensaver is just as much a utter piece
> of crap as its KDE counterpart.

LOL, its not the only amusing part of gnome-screensaver.
I dont know if you use Gnome but in gnome's power-manager where you
set the time until the screen goes into standby or the time when the
Laptop goes into suspend the minimum time you can configure is 11
minutes.
11 minutes? Why?
Im probably not the only one that asked himself this question and yes
this is also because of gnome-screensaver.
gnome-screensaver has a default kick-in time of 10m and
gnome-power-manager calculates his minimum-time by this 10+1 to avoid
starting before the screensaver.
Now we have 11m minimum time before the screen can go into standby on
every distro in the world because of the stupid screensaver.

> Just switch to xscreensaver.

No, thx, i dont need a screensaver :-)

> > Now i just have to figure out why gnome-power-manager is not turning
> > off the screen anymore, time to hop to the next mailing-list i guess.
>
> Good luck, you will need it.

Thx.

Sascha