Re: Fwd: Information request on /dev/bus/usb

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 01:04:57AM +0530, Ahamed wrote:
> I hope you are well and doing great.
>
> I really want some help from you regarding the /dev/bus/usb
>

> Initially, we were on 3.4 Kernel and were using usbfs. Hence, using
> the command "mount -t usbfs none /proc/bus/usb". This showed all our
> usb devices under /proc/bus/usb.
>
> Now we have moved to 3.14 and I understand that usbfs is no longer supported.
>
> But I am not able to see the devices under /dev/bus/usb.

They should still be there, perhaps your distro did not properly update
other things needed for this?

> I see them
> under /sys/bus/usb. I came to know that /dev is managed by udev.

And devtmpfs, which you do have enabled, right?

> lsusb
> is not working since there is nothing under /dev/bus/usb.

Then you should update your version of libusb and usbutils, it handled
this change automatically.

And note, 3.14 is very old and obsolete, I suggest updating to a more
modern kernel version, or, ask these questions to the company that is
forcing you to stay with such an old and obsolete kernel version, as you
are paying them for support.

Hope this helps,

greg k-h