Re: Improved fxload [Was: Re: fxload devpath]

looks like I need to set LIBUSB_SUPPORT
$ LIBUSB_SUPPORT=1 make

And now it is working as described, which is very nice.
+1  mainline

Q:  What happens if there are 2 devices plugged in?

I am assuming it uses the first one it finds.
For my usage that is fine.
You might want to add an index or something, although in those cases
the person can just use the devpath.  I expect most people will be
using this from a udev rule that acts on the device being plugged in.

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 11:45 PM, Wojciech A. Koszek
<wojciech@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In May 2010 I've fixed fxload by adding LibUSB support.
>
> After seeing Carl's e-mail I dug out a patches from backup, and made a repo
> out of it:
>
> https://github.com/wkoszek/fxload
>
> So basically fxload would gain LibUSB support and much easier usage, since
> the paths which fxload requires right now change for some devices doing
> re-enumeration.
>
> Back then I failed to get any replies. Retrying now in hope we could get
> these fixes into mainline.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wojciech
>
> On 10/11/15 8:23 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>>
>> 12.10.2015 01:29, Carl Karsten пишет:
>>>
>>> man fxload - Firmware download to EZ-USB devices
>>>
>>> fxload  [  -v  ]  [ -l ] [ -D devpath ] ...
>>>
>>>         -D devpath
>>>                Specifies the "usbfs" path name for the device in
>>> question, such
>>>                as /proc/bus/usb/004/080.  This takes precedence over any
>>> DEVICE
>>>                environment variable that may be set.
>>>
>>> How do I figure out what the devpath is for the device I plugged in?
>>>
>>> or.. how do I know what devnum will get assigned?
>>>
>>> The device(s) I am working with:
>>>
>>> juser@dc10b:~$ lsusb -s 2:9; lsusb -s 2:10
>>> Bus 002 Device 009: ID 04e2:1410 Exar Corp.
>>> Bus 002 Device 010: ID 1443:0007 Digilent Development board JTAG
>>>

>> Should be /dev/bus/usb/002/010 etc.
>>
>>> Ubuntu trusty lts
>>> Linux dc10b 3.13.0-65-generic #106-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 2 22:08:27 UTC
>>> 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>>
>>> --
>>> Carl K
>>> --