Re: udev regression from 167 to 168 on notion ink adam

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 11:56, Marco d'Itri <md@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On May 05, Kay Sievers <kay.sievers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Ah, no counted wrong, missed that there are 5 arguments. The 4th
>> argument, the 0x80000 is the SOCK_CLOEXEC. So it looks like your
>> kernel does not support accept4. Is that really a 2.6.32 kernel?
> Probably it is a libc bug, hppa had the same problem:

> Johannes, can you confirm that the newer libc package works so I can add
> the appropriate conflicts when it will be in unstable?
>
> Still, udev should just explode if a syscall fails with ENOSYS.

Sure, but what should we do? We are in a poll() loop, that will never
block if we don't get the stuff out of the file descriptor that wakes
us up. We could exit? We can certainly try to print something that is
easier to read than a strace.

But on the other hand we require a certain kernel version and it's
symbols to work. There should never be a ENOSYS unless something is
broken somewhere else.

Kay