Re: udev regression from 167 to 168 on notion ink adam

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 10:33, Johannes Schauer <j.schauer@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> basically it's these two messages repeating infinitely:
>
> [pid 2353] epoll_wait(0xb, 0xbeb4d3b8, 0x8, 0xbb8) = 1
> [pid 2353] SYS_366(0x4, 0, 0, 0x80000, 0) = -1 ENOSYS (Function not implemented)

That's a syscall number and accept4(). It should be there since kernel
2.6.28 and glibc 2.10.

With proper kernel support, and a more recent strace it would look like:
  accept4(3, 0, NULL, SOCK_CLOEXEC)       = 11

Not sure how that can happen on your side. The last parameter, the
CLOEXEC flag is definitely not 0.

> Note, that the ENOSYS errors didnt show up when i just attached strace to the
> udev process.
> What is this SYS_366 message telling me? Why is it called and why is it missing?
> My kernel has CONFIG_EPOLL=y and as you can see in the strace epoll_create1
> and epoll_ctl work just fine.
>
> It kinda looks like an error on my side but shouldn't udev nevertheless check for
> whatever it is and quit instead of running wild like that?

Yeah, we could try to catch these errors, but it seems there is
something that needs to be fixed in your kernel or glibc. Udev
requires at minimum kernel 2.6.32, and that *should* work there.

Kay