Re: udev runtime data will move from /dev/.udev/ to /dev/.run/udev/

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 00:09, Marco d'Itri <md@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > This looks complex and requiring coordination among multiple packages.
>> > Where is the documentation of everything which needs to be done by the
>> > surrounding boot scripts?
>> I can't know, or document anything. The init scripts I maintain do not
>> know anything about /dev/.udev/.
> I am talking about this new /dev/.run/ thing. Where is it documented?

So far only in code in systemd and dracut and the SUSE mkinitrd. It's
just a plain directory udev uses like /dev/.udev/ was. Udev itself
does not know anything about it. Old initramfs and init will just not
care, and udev just has a new directory with that name to put its
stuff into.

If modern initramfs and init are used, it is a tmpfs mountpoint that
will be the same as /var/run/.

Kay