Re: Cross Compiling UDEV 1.56

On 5/31/2010 12:01 PM, Bruno Albrecht - FALKER wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to cross compile udev 1.56, but I couldn't find a "how
to"..could you point me some directions? not even google showed me
how...perhaps i'm not searching it right...

I do not know of any write-up on how to do. However, with the exception of a small patch to the configure script (which I just sent to the mailing list), cross compilation is no different than cross compiling any package that uses autotools.

I cross compile it for MiniMyth. MiniMyth uses a GAR based build system. The MiniMyth GAR package for udev can be found at <http://code.google.com/p/minimyth/source/browse/#svn/trunk/gar-minimyth/script/system/udev>.

As one can see from the package DEPENDS variable, there are several dependencies that need to be built. However, most are needed only by the extras. So, if you are not using any of the extras, then the dependency list much less.