Re: udev rules file validation

Sujit K M wrote:
I donot understand what you mean by validate. It could have several meanings.
For Example.
1. We could have something like XML/Document Validation. Much more
seen in SGML/XML Environment.
2. We could have Run Time Validation Like Certificates. Much More of
an RSS/Feed Environment/Web site Design.
3. We could have Validation of Resources. Having an inbuilt database
of the resources udev is trying to load/unload/link.
4. We could have validation of the functionality of the generated
script or an already present script.

By Validation what do you mean?
What I mean by validating udev rules files is probably closest to #1 above. Because I generate udev rules automagically with a script at install time I would like to be sure that the rules files are formatted correctly before installing them on the system and potentially screwing things up (like happened before). I could write my own validation script but if there is a good way to validate rules files using udev itself, that would obviously be the better way to go.

Regards,
--
Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
alesh.slovak@xxxxxxxxx          http://avasys.jp