Re: Scanning for mountable filesystems

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Kay Sievers <kay.sievers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 11:51, Alan Jenkins
> <sourcejedi.lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Why not use libudev (with a udev_monitor to read your socket, if
>> you're not already)?  You should be able to scan the block devices
>> using udev_enumerate_*.
>>
>> In any case, make sure you do the scan _after_ you open the event
>> socket.  Otherwise you could miss a block device which appears at just
>> the wrong time.
>
> It's close to this logic, which does it for video devices:
>  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.hotplug.devel/13925
>
> Kay

Alan, Kay,

Thanks for the replies.

My understanding is that libudev is a GPL library.  As my daemon is
not GPL-licensed, there will probably be legal issues with using
libudev...;-(

Thanks for the reminder about scanning _after_ opening the event
socket.  I will keep that in mind.

Regards,
Kam-Yung
--