Re: udev rules file validation

I donot understand what you mean by validate. It could have several meanings.
For Example.
1. We could have something like XML/Document Validation. Much more
seen in SGML/XML Environment.
2. We could have Run Time Validation Like Certificates. Much More of
an RSS/Feed Environment/Web site Design.
3. We could have Validation of Resources. Having an inbuilt database
of the resources udev is trying to load/unload/link.
4. We could have validation of the functionality of the generated
script or an already present script.

By Validation what do you mean?

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Alesh Slovak <alesh.slovak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Marco d'Itri wrote:
>>>
>>> There seems to have been a change in udev recently that causes it to
>>> abort if it encounters a broken rules file. This causes boot failures.
>>
>> FYI, this has since been fixed.
>
> Despite this being fixed, I would still like to be able to validate my
> generated udev rules files. Anyone have any ideas?
>
> --
> Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
> alesh.slovak@xxxxxxxxx          http://avasys.jp
> --

-- Sujit K M

blog(http://kmsujit.blogspot.com/)