Waiting complete insertion of usb device

Hello list,

I'm working on a 3G USB dongle which offer tty to communicate with him.

I need to start a service when this dongle is plugged to my system. This service uses tty (there are 4 tty (diag, cmd, data and for voice). So, i need to waiting the complete insertion of the USB dongle before launching it.

For now, i'm waiting the last tty (ttyUSB3) event, sleep 1 second and launch the service. But i think my solution is pretty crap.

Is there a better way to do this ?

(I'm working with old architecture of hotplug: /bin/hotplug script which launch /etc/hotplug.d/${SUBSYSTEM}/ scripts...)

Anthony.