Re: Some doubt regarding current state of Linux Hotpug

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 23:12, unni krishnan<unnikrishnan.a@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am not able to understand how it is getting the following variables :
>
> -----------------------------
>  IFS=/
>  set $PRODUCT ''
>  usb_idVendor=$1
>  usb_idProduct=$2
>  IFS="$DEFAULT_IFS"
> -----------------------------

I don't think the kernel will give you that. Only $1 is the subsystem,
the rest in in variables.

> Also I am not able to understand usb_map_modules function in that.
>
> I know I am wasting your time. But for me its better to start from
> simple things. That will help me to understand the current more
> complex udev, I believe so. If there anyone out there can give an
> algorithm or something for that script then that will help me. I am
> just attaching the script, eventhogh you can explain it without
> reading it :-) .

All the map stuff is gone, and actually, the kernel supplied modalias
which we use today is different, does not base on any of the maps, is
simpler und much easier to understand.

Kay