Re: usb coldplug problem

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 06:27:30PM +0000, Bernd Porr wrote:
> Ok. I'll look into that. So, you mean that I create with the "request
> firmware" a new udev event which then could also call "comedi_config"?

No.

After the firmware is loaded into the device properly, you will then
call comedi_config from the driver itself to initialize everything.

> The problem just now is that I don't get any udev events during
> coldplug. Do you think this will also solve that issue?

Yes it will as the startup scripts already know how to handle coldplug
firmware events.

> One practical thing: it's probably a good idea to work on the driver
> version which goes into the kernel and not the one in the comedi CVS. Where
> can I check out my module just now?

Grab the linux-next tree, your driver and cleanups, are in there.

thanks,

greg k-h