Re: sending uevent form SATA promise driver.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 18:35, Padmini Krishnamurthy <krishpm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Our test device is connected to the promise card which sits on a PCI slot on the PC. Our test SATA driver drives this device. The driver is loaded during bootup. I am seeing output of both udevadm and /var/log/messages when I turn on the device. I see the interrupt handling messages on /var/log/messages but udevadm does not report any event recived.
> So, I ported some of the hotplug support from libata. But there I see that the hotplug event notification is handled in acpi. So, I am not sure, if I have to add this in our driver at the device attach routine?
> How would the uevent be sent to udev when the device is attached?

What kind of devices does this driver create in the kernel? What are
the parent devices of the block devices it offers? SCSI, libata,
whatever?

Your driver should just create devices representing the stuff that is
connected to the controller, the creation of these devices will do the
uevent, you do not create custom events on your own in any usual
driver code.

Kay