Re: sending uevent form SATA promise driver.

Our test device is connected to the promise card which sits on a PCI slot on the PC. Our test SATA driver drives this device. The driver is loaded during bootup. I am seeing output of both udevadm and /var/log/messages when I turn on the device. I see the interrupt handling messages on /var/log/messages but udevadm does not report any event recived.
So, I ported some of the hotplug support from libata. But there I see that the hotplug event notification is handled in acpi. So, I am not sure, if I have to add this in our driver at the device attach routine?
How would the uevent be sent to udev when the device is attached?

Thanks,
Padmini