Re: sending uevent form SATA promise driver.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 17:42, Padmini Krishnamurthy <krishpm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am adding hotplug support to our SATA promise driver. Can I send a uevent
> from promise driver directly instead of using the hotplug support provided
> by acpi?. We do not have acpi support .

What do you mean? I guess you create and remove devices in the kernel
device tree, which represent the hotplugged devices connected to your
controller. These devices will send uevents on their own, there is
usually no need to send any events with the driver. Just run "udevadm
monitor" while you connect/diconnect any device, and you will see
hotplugged devices coming and going depending on the bus they live on.

Kay