default udev rules

We like to remind everybody, that all distros should work towards a
default udev rules set, instead of maintaining their own home-grown
version of default rules. We should all unify as far as possible.
Red Hat, SUSE and Gentoo are already using the same rules files, with a
minimal rules set on top, in a distro specific file. We ask the rest of
the universe to join us, and do the same. :)

Please consider adapting the default rules now, and let us find a common
solution for everybody. New packages, like the upcoming DeviceKit-*
packages will depend on a recent udev with a proper rules setup.

Soon, we will remove all copies of (in some cases totally outdated)
distro rules from the udev source tree which contain their own default
rules. Sure, we can not force anybody to adapt the default rules, but
upstream udev will no longer support custom default rules with the
distributed sources, and carry very likely non-working rules for
packages which depend on a proper udev setup.

Thanks a lot,
Kay