[Hotplug_sig] LHCS Regression testsuite 1.2 released

> Hi all,
>
> This is to announce a new version 1.2 of the CPU hotplug
> testsuite, available here:
>
>     http://developer.osdl.org/dev/hotplug/tests/
>
> Testing of the hotplug cpu functionality on i386 with this
> test suite has revealed some bugs, both in the kernel and in
> the test suite. ;-)
>
> This release corrects a bug that occurs when cpu0 is
> non-offlineable, that was causing the tests to fail when they
> could not see cpu0's online file. Also, while fixing this I
> noticed some syntax errors, that are now fixed as well.
>
> The crash bug in the kernel that was discovered during the
> previous release has been fixed and verified.  Today, all but
> one of the test cases now pass on the i386 architecture.  The
> failure is the sar test case I mentioned previously.

Hi Bryce,
I gave a quick run the suite on the 64x and 128x machines (x86_64) and
it looked good, all passed but the last test (hotplug07.sh) which
errored out due to syntax problems.
One thing to mention: the top command is pretty useless when the number
of processors is big. It just complains about not enough space on the
screen ("Sorry, terminal is not big enough") and won't show any
processors. It appears that correct behavior should be showing
processors screen by screen on spacebar or something like that.

Thanks,
--Natalie