[Hotplug_sig] RE: Hotplug CPU issue?

>> The result of the echo command should tell if it succeded or not.
>
>Yes, but from the perspective of a regression test, how do we know that
>it is OK for the echo command to fail?  If the on-line file is there,
>the script thinks that it should off-line when we echo zero to it. If
>the echo comes back as failed, without any other information, the
scrips
>would report that as a FAILURE, when it isn't.
>
>So how do we know in user-space what the right response should be?

Its probably different for each architecture

In general

- if no online file, that cpu is not offlinable.
- if offline fails on a certain cpu, all you can do is just report it
CPUX, offline failed.

So if a online file exist and offline on that cpu fails, unless its
known to fail (say its cpu0, and its known that cpu0 is not removable..
just report success, since the behaviour expected is cpu0 shouldn't be
removed)

Like: CPU0: offline failed: Expected: Fail