[Hotplug_sig] Re: ANN: lhcs-regression-0.3 released

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 09:13:52AM -0700, Mark Delcambre wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 July 2005 08:47 am, Mary Edie Meredith wrote:
> > To make these test cases easy to implement and use, could you
> > please make sure the scripts have comments that state the goal
> > of the test case, if you haven't already?  Sorry, I should have
> > thought of this when we went over the Psuedo code.

Yes, we should have them print out a couple sentences explaining the
purpose.  Do you think we can just take the description that you wrote
on your test case summary page?

> > Did you also create an envelop script for the test cases that
> > allows the inner test to be repeated over a long period of time?
> > Or are you going to do the inner tests first, then move on to
> > the repetitions?
> I think that it is the case that we will finish with all 6 test cases before
> writing the envelop script.

I think the wrapper script should be pretty straightforward; it should
just define the number of loops to run, then invoke all of the
hotplug*.sh tests in the directory.  The little for loop I wrote
yesterday could be used as a starting point.

> It is setup already to loop, you can export the 'totalloops' variable to make
> each script run x amount of times.
> Each test also has its own variable {testcase#}loops (so for testcase03 it
> would be 'threeloops' That will override the totalloops for that test

Mark, I'm thinking that these of variables should be in ALL_CAPS case.
Maybe also call the totalloops variable LOOPS, and the per-testcase
variables HOTPLUG03_LOOPS, etc.

Bryce