[Hotplug_sig] Re: ANN: lhcs-regression-0.3 released

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 08:47 am, Mary Edie Meredith wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 16:51 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > Mark Delcambre, a summer student working with us at OSDL, has been
> > helping code the test cases.
> >
> >  http://developer.osdl.org/dev/hotplug/tests/
> >
> > With this release we now have three of the six test cases implemented:
> >
> >  hotplug02: Tasks wrongly migrated to a cpu while it is going off-line.
> >  hotplug03: Tasks not scheduled on a newly on-lined cpu
> >  hotplug04: Allowing admin error of offlining the last remaining cpu.
> >
> > Descriptions of the tests are available here:
> >

> > http://www.developer.osdl.org/maryedie/HOTPLUG/planning/hotplug_cpu_test_
> >plan_status.html
>
> Bryce/Mark,
>
> To make these test cases easy to implement and use, could you
> please make sure the scripts have comments that state the goal
> of the test case, if you haven't already?  Sorry, I should have
> thought of this when we went over the Psuedo code.
>
> Did you also create an envelop script for the test cases that
> allows the inner test to be repeated over a long period of time?
> Or are you going to do the inner tests first, then move on to
> the repetitions?
I think that it is the case that we will finish with all 6 test cases before
writing the envelop script.
It is setup already to loop, you can export the 'totalloops' variable to make
each script run x amount of times.
Each test also has its own variable {testcase#}loops (so for testcase03 it
would be 'threeloops' That will override the totalloops for that test