[dcl_tech_board] Re: [hotplug_sig] [Hotplug_sig] Re:[dcl_tech_board] Announcing HotPlug SIG

No the Hotplug SIG does not want to reinvent the wheel, take charge or
even make the currently active developers in the different hotplug
area's life more complex. We created this SIG because we thought we
could help and yes we need to get our homework done first but that was
the number one item on the agenda. Maybe we should have done it before
we created the SIG but then we would have fallen into the "meeting
behind closed doors" category again.....you can never win!
So here we are ignorant as can be (OK I'm admitting it and have no shame
to), trying to understand what needs to be done, where and how we can
help. Once we figured that out (BTW I like your words on "status report
on the current state-of-the-art of the technology", if you don't mind
I'll use that as my first item for our charter) then we'll contribute.
Again a SIG is not to tell anyone how to do, what to do, when to do
anything.....we're here to help....if you want it....and I do understand
that some of the groups are far enough along that they might not need it
but I didn't want to exclude anyone.

Martine